The Public Data Explorer now allows users to upload, visualize, and share their own datasets in a self-service fashion.
To import your data:
- Create a dataset in DSPL format. See this article for more details.
- Navigate to the "My Datasets" page by clicking on the corresponding link in the left side of the Public Data Explorer site.
- Click on the "Choose file" button, and select the location of the zipped, DSPL bundle on your local system.
- Click the "Upload dataset" button to begin the import process.
- An import status message will appear at the top of the page while the import proceeds. This process may take several minutes or more to complete, so please be patient!
- If any errors are found, the import will stop and the page will display an informative error message. Otherwise, if all goes well, the dataset will appear in the "My Datasets" list lower down on the page.
- You can preview your dataset by clicking on the "Preview" link.
- If everything looks ok, click the "Publish" button to make your dataset public. Users who have the link will now be able to see you dataset and visualizations.